It is official...today June 20th 2016 is the first day of summer. How did you spend your first day of summer?
I started my day by making a doctor appointment and then cleaned house. After that I spent the day by the pool. Perfect for a day as warm as today, but it should get warmer throughout the week.
I look forward to summers. The sun, the tanning by the sun, the sound of happy children playing all around. I spent some pre summer time in the sun by the pool and got burnt. I still continued to sit out in the sun for a few more days enjoying the sun rays. Well after five or six days straight of soaking up the sun and a field trip to the zoo I ended up getting heart stroke and let me tell you. Heart stroke is no joke. I was so sick, my head pounded, I couldn't keep my balance at all. I craved salt like crazy and come too find out that is what my body needed. I started feeling better and myself again after a week. So a little note: when soaking up the sun make sure you eat something with salt and of course also keep hydrated. Enjoy summer because if you live in Washington you know the sun won't be here forever. Before we know it the rain and cold will be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment