So as we know fears and anxiety are very powerful emotions. The reason why is because they take a huge toll on the mind and body. Fears can create signals to the brain when in an emergency or public speaking. Or maybe you have a fear that you aren't good enough to others or starting a new job. Fear and anxiety can last anywhere from a short time to a lifetime. In some cases they can take over your life. Which means it can affect your eating, sleep, travel, concentration, or even make it hard to leave your house. They hold you back from things you want to try, and places you want to go. It even holds you back in relationships.
Anxiety is a word used to describe some types of fears along with the thought of a threat or threats or something going wrong. Anxiety is a word professionals like to use for your present fears when you feel frightened and anxious.
A lot of things can make us scared and feel afraid. Knowing what makes you afraid is the first step to sorting out your fears. Managing your fears is the second step. When you feel frightened or seriously anxious, that your mind and body work very quickly.
Somethings that happen when fear and anxiety kick in are:
- Your heart beats very fast – maybe it feels irregular
- You breathe very fast
- Your muscles feel weak
- You sweat a lot
- Your stomach churns or your bowels feel loose
- You find it hard to concentrate on anything else
- You feel dizzy
- You feel frozen to the spot
- You can’t eat
- You have hot and cold sweats
- You get a dry mouth
- You get very tense muscles
Fear and anxiety can affect us all. When it becomes a severe and long lasting it then becomes a mental health issue.
Some ways to overcome your fears is to
- Face your Fear
- Know yourself
- Exercise
- Relax
- Healthy eating
- Avoid alcohol, or drink in moderation
- Therapy (talking)
- Medication
I have personally found exercise to be a great stress reliever as are getting tattoos, but I don't recommend getting a tattoo every time you get stressed or need a release. I have also learned that talking helps. If talking helps you need to find someone you trust 100% and who won't judge you. My fears started in second grade and continued for years, but this last year I made a lot of changes were made and I don't regret any of the changes. The reason why I don't regret it is because my mind is clear. I have made changes to better my life and my family's life. I have been able to let the real me finally shine and so far my Daddy and Sir are the only ones besides our kids who have seen the real me shine and I couldn't be happier. Almost two weeks ago my life changed and I couldn't be happier. Receiving texts from my Daddy and Sir make me very happy. Sometimes it is the simple things that help make you better and overcome things in life. Such as fears. Little steps can become big steps.
I hope this somehow helped you in what you need to do to overcome your fears and anxieties. Maybe you do them out of order and that is okay. As long as you take that first step in admitting you have a fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment