If you said NO you are a liar...
Every marriage has up’s and down’s like a roller coaster, but some times you just gotta pick your battles too. You also gotta think do I really love this person?!?!?! If you answered yes then I am hoping after you say sorry wether you were right or wrong you two make up.
I have had my share of fights in my life. My first marriage was mostly fights, but this second marriage....well it is very different. One time in a year we will have a big fight. No hitting or anything like that, but we do raise our voices at one another and then say some mean things that neither of us mean and then a few hours later after being in different room we say we are sorry and make up. When I say make up I don’t mean getting down and dirty either. Hahaha...although that would be nice it just isn’t our style. Anyways...this last Friday we had our yearly fight...He went to the room and closed the door not asking if I was coming to bed with him. Turned out the lights and that was that. I tried sleeping on the floor in the living room, but couldn’t. Was going to sleep in the kids room, but didn’t need them worrying about Mommy and Daddy so I eventually went and crawled into bed. He was on my side so I laid on his with our Son between us. I felt sooo numb. I han’t felt that feeling in a very long time and I didn’t like it. It isn’t one I ever want to feel again either. It was the first time we had ever gone to bed fighting. The next morning wasn’t any good...it wasn’t till that afternoon while he was at work and we were texting that I decided I would say I was sorry first. He then told me he was sorry too. He came home for lunch that day and we talked and hugged and gave each other a kiss and then I cooked his lunch and got him back on the road again for work. I am glad we can talk. I am very happy that we ALWAYS run back to each other and can say sorry to each other. Having communication is key in a marriage and it is one thing we had to learn along with me needing to learn to trust again while we lived in different states.
Now if you are fighting on a daily bases then you might want to look into seeing a couples therapist or look into a divorce. Neither are easy, but the first one you would want to do if you wanted to save your marriage and still think it is worth fighting for. If you file for a divorce you better make sure it is what you want because it is a long process. Therapy only works though if both parties are open, open minded and honest. If you don’t then you shouldn’t even waste the other’s time.
So will you fight for the one you love or will you fight to leave???
I recommend making lists...
Pro’s (What makes me love _____)
Con’s (Reasons I hate _____)
What we have in common
What we don’t have in common
His likes
Her likes
See how much you really know your spouse....I mean you fell in love with them for a reason. Let’s find that reason and bring that flame back
No comments:
Post a Comment