Sunday, June 11, 2017

11 June

It hasn't always been fun having a guy in my life till about 8 years ago...Almost eight years ago I re-met an amazing man who I first met the day I was born. Who knew that two women who were best friends in the United States Navy would see their first borns marry each other 20 something years later. Yes we met when growing up in the military, but when the military the Navy moved our Mom's to different sides of the states. My parents stayed on the West coast and his Mom and him got sent to the west coast. One day while surfing facebook I noticed that someone posted on my Mom's facebook page. I then asked how she knew my Mother and she told about how they were best friends in the Navy. Then she was telling about her kids and how old they were and all and how proud of them she was. Well when she was telling me about her oldest who was the same age as me and born in the same year. I then asked her if he had facebook or myspace. She said yes and told me how and where to find him. I then sent him a friend request saying "You don't know me, but our Mom's were each others birthing coaches when they were pregnant with us".  At this time he was serving in the United States Air Force and was stationed in Montana. We started chatting on facebook. Then we moved to phone calls. Our phone calls would go on for days. We would fall asleep with one another on the cell and since our sleep schedules were different at the time we would mute each other, but still keep one another on the phone. Back then he was working graveyard and I was on a normal schedule so at night I would try and stay awake as late as I could just to talk to him. After chatting for a few months we decided we should meet. So when he had a few days off he drove to Washington to see me and meet my girls. we also took a day to  make a day trip to meet my parents and siblings. Surprisingly my parents fell in love with him and were so happy to see me with a guy who truly was a man. After his military contract was over instead of re-enlisting he decided to move to Washington state to settle down with me. The day before our one year anniversary we went to get my oldest at the time for breakfast and found that she had passed away. I broke. I was hurt. I was confused. I was in shock. for the following year I tried pushing him away. Nobody needed the burdens I had. He still stayed with me though. Even through my depression. I thought for sure he would have left, but instead he stayed by my side and was there for me. We have been together through the real better or worse in the last few years, but somehow we are still together. I gotta say I couldn't be any happier that he chose to stay with me. He doesn't abuse me at all like my ex husband did. He doesn't lie to me. He shows me and all the kids what love, respect, and trust is. He makes me so happy. He spends time with me and enjoys it. We go out and do things together. Like hangout and play games like D&D and Pathfinder. Yeah he is a huge nerd and yeah it is rubbing off on me. I enjoy it though. I may not understand the games, but the time we get to spend together is what matters. Love and respect make a marriage and or relationships go far. Communication also makes a huge difference too. I have figured out who I really am. I figured out what I like. What I really like. He is amazing and treats me with so much respect. He is loyal to me and I am loyal to him. He isn't like any of the guys I had dated before that all cheated on me because I wouldn't sleep with them. These last almost 8 years have been amazing and I couldn't be any happier. I look forward to spending  many more years by my husband's side. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment