So you like this gal or guy and wanna ask him or her out...How do you do it? Why do you want to do it? What makes them so special? Could they be the one?
When we date we should be doing it to see if they could potentially workout and end up in a happy marriage. Some (most) people date out of lust and looks (those kind of relationships don't work) Looks aren't always everything. Even a woman can put lots of makeup on and make herself look amazing. Then once it is off you see the real her. Lust is NOT love you guys.
You are nervous one though and maybe a little shy. Or maybe they are intimidating to you...So how do you ask the person out??? Well you could just go up to them and ask. If they are a stranger though I suggest getting to know the person first. Sometime we don't really know the person though until we are living in the same place together, but doing that is normally looked down upon.
I dated guys in high school. Only 3 became serious relationships. I am going to tell you a little about each one.
My first boyfriend was J. (name out so no one goes looking for anyone). I met him through a few friends. He wasn't much taller than me and he was older. He was the first guy to ever meet my parents. He would pick me up from school and drive me to my parents house every school day if he was done with his college classes. One day when it was snowy he pinned me in the snow bank and asked me out. I was happy, nervous, scared because I had never dated before. He took me for drives in his truck up the river, to his Dad's place, out to pick stuff up. One day I remember him taking me to his Dad's to feed the horses . That is where my love for horses began and then we went and picked up pizzas for my family. J was my cowboy. He rode in rodeos, works on ranches. Oh and his truck was always dying in front on my parents home. I would watch him fix it from my upstairs bedroom window. He would get so mad at the truck. Years later he sees it as a sign not to leave me, but that is after we split for sometime. When I wasn't at school he was there with me at my parents house every chance he got. We never lived together, but I guess he was ready for the next big step, but since I was young, confused, and sheltered I never saw the signs and eventually we broke things off because he was tired of his truck breaking down lol.
Guy number 2 was M. He was a ladies man. Everyone wanted to date him. He was there by my side when I had my seizure in high school and he helped me out to my parents suburban after I had come to sort of. I was able to walk, but that's it. He and I would pass notes. One day he asked in a note. I replyed yes and we started dating, but just in school. We never went out anywhere like J and I did. Well after a few months a friend of mind well I thought she was a friend told me that she really liked my boyfriend. later I found out they were sleeping together so I broke up with him. I am a woman who won't tolerate being cheated on.
Guy number 3 is J (different from first J). I met him through his cousin. Her name is T. She and I went and did everything together. We were inseparable for years, then one night I took his bennie in a flirty way and put it on my head and sang to the song that was on their grandpa's radio. Oh their Grandpa D was an amazing man. Sweetest old guy I guy I had met. I miss him dearly. Anyways I went to the bowling place with T and her Grandpa every Tuesdays. Eventually J started coming too and would flirt with me. One Tuesday evening while at the bowling ally he asked me out. I said yes. He just straight up asked.
Guy number 4 I remet after High School and many years later. He asked me out over one of our long phone calls. His story will come more later, but our dating started out long distance and over phone calls, texts and messaging.
So asking people out you can do in person, letters, songs, crossword puzzles, phone calls, it depends how special this person makes you feel. The more fun you have with it though the more it stays as a happy memory. Just remember dating isn't play time it is where you show you want to be only theirs.
Dating single mother's isn't easy either. We are either working or spending time with the kids and before you even start to think about dating a single Mom you need to get to know the kids too. Spend time with the Mom and kids. Really get to know their likes and dislikes. But don't cate her so she can teach you how to be a parent. That doesn't work and could lead to a split.
Dating takes time, patience, time, effort, communication, honesty and trust....
See you all for tomorrow's topic...Dating...things you can do on dates.
Hope you all have a great night
No comments:
Post a Comment