Yep it's here...it's time to talk about how you are going to ask the person to marry you...I am hoping if you two are planning on getting married that you have had the serious talk. What is that you may ask??? I'll tell ya...
Do you know EVERYTHING about them?
Do they want to have kids?
If they have kids, do they want more?
When you think of your best friend do you think of your partner? (I have 2 best friends because I strongly care for one as a Sister even though we are friends and my Husband because well he is just freaking amazing. They know a lot about me and have been there for me at my worst moments in life and my happiest moments)
Would you die for this person?
Would you live for them?
What can you bring to their table??? Now I wanna touch on this one a little because of a friend. If you are both working and can both provide for yourself then what can you bring to the table to make them think or feel that you are worthy? I'm not talking money either. (This will be tomorrow's topic)
Can they teach you new things (like fixing something around the house)
Is there still more about them you want to know?
Can you two truly make each other happy everyday?
How often do you fight now? (If it's a lot do NOT ask them)
Are you proud to be out with them?
Do they show you off? getting introduced as "My Wife" instead of "her" or just calling you by your name is AMAZING!!! When my Husband introduced me to his co-workers i could see that he was proud to call me his Wife. How? His smile and the little extra squeeze around the waist or hand to remind me to shake their hands, but to confirm that he was there next to me.
Can you make each other laugh on a daily basis?
Do you laugh with each other?
Do you enjoy spending time together?
Do your families get along?
Is there any form of abuse? Mental, physical, emotional, financial, verbal (if you said yes don't get married)
Now how do you wanna ask? It is an important day to her when a someone asks you to marry them. So do you go all out? Do you ask in a text? Do you make a music video? (could be fun) Do you ask that parents permission? (oh I sure hope so). Do you even want to make it special or is it just another day for you? If it is just another day you are NOT in the right relationship.
I hope however you choose to ask them to be your person forever that you make it a special day for your special someone. When my current husband ask me to marry him it was Christmas day. We were watching the show "Wipeout" and there was a proposal. I of course cried a little thinking it was sweet. I looked up at him and gave him a kiss. He said hang on I'll be right back. I started cleaning up our apartment then when he came back in the apartment he wrapped his arm around me and turned me around and slid down to one knee and asked me to marry him. There were words said before he asked me, but I'll keep those memories for me and him. I am a simple gal so I was very gal he didn't go all out at the time. Would he had we waited a few years heck yeah...and I would be laughing the entire time because I know he would make it funny, but fun and memorable. So before you ask put a lot of thought behind it
No comments:
Post a Comment