Thursday, September 6, 2018

House Hold Chores...

  

  If you think that having a clean house isn't part of the relationship then you are crazy. Things ALWAYS run smoother in a home when it is clean and picked up compared to being a huge mess. Who does the cleaning though? Maybe you work. Maybe she works too. Do you work together to keep the house clean? Do you pick up your own mess and leave theirs alone? Are you a stay at home Mom?

    I am a stay at home Mom. Yes it can be boring sometimes, but I love it. Since Sir had me leave my job when we moved to the country I have enjoyed being a stay at home Mom. I start the mornings cooking breakfast for Sir and the kids. Then i get the kids ready for school and on their busses. While Sir and the kids are away at work and school I stay home and clean house. I start with pumping the bed(we have a sleep number and you don't wanna keep it at that number during the day) and making it all pretty. Housekeeping skills come in handy. I pick up all the dirty clothes, clean up bathroom, pick up living room, clean up the kitchen, catch up on dishes and run a load before everyone gets home. Scrub off counter and table top. I wash laundry, tidy up Sir's desk area and vacuum all carpet area. I also prepare dinner for when we are all together for the evening. At the end of it all I hand scrub the kitchen floor and so much more.

   Everyday there is stuff to pick up. It is the life of being a Mother, but like I said...I wouldn't change it for the world. Once kids get home they do homework and then chores and then at 7pm we watch a movie all together and then play a little badminton and then they get ready for bed. They get a story and then family prayer and all tucked in. 

   Only area  I ask for Sir's help is if I can't reach something or if it is taking out the trash. It isn't much and when everything is done it means Sir can just relax and not have to worry about the house because I have already taken care of it. Oh and he has to put clean dishes away...i'm to short in some areas.

   Maybe one day you aren't done before your spouse gets home. Are they mad or do they help? Maybe they don't even say anything. I remember when Dum-Dum and I were living with his parents. I wasn't working at the time I was there, but I kept the house clean all the time. If the kids made a mess he would get angry fast and yell at me about it. His Mom was the same way. Don't yell at your spouse over household chores. It isn't worth the battle, but may be your man decides to help you. Working together to get things done is always fun. Sir will gladly help when I ask, but he knows it is better just to stay out of the way so I'm not re-doing everything lol.

   Kids are welcomed home after school to a happy Mommy then we talk all about their day. Then they do homework. It is always nice to the kids when we listen about their day and ask questions. Look over homework with them once they are done. Our kids don't have many chores. We just ask that they keep their rooms clean and their bathroom clean. If they don't then they get to wash a load of dishes. They are of age to where they can wash dishes while supervised. 

   In our home we do not allow yelling or fighting. So if they yell or fight they have to write lines and wash a load of dishes. Once a child starts kindergarten is when you can start teaching them the simple things like matching socks, sweeping (with a kids size broom), and drying table after it has been washed if wet. 

   On the weekends we catch up on whatever needs to be done from the night before. A family that works together is a strong family who count on each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment