Hearing your partner...
There is a huge difference between listening to somebody and truly hearing what they have to say. Talk about something that will tear a relationship in half in no time flat if you aren't truly listening. I want you to think about this concept and truly examine yourself when it comes to this topic...
Did you really examine yourself??? Do you really feel like you truly listen???
What was the last thing your partner said??? Can you remember??? Can you quote it back to them if they ask you to???
Nooo??? Well I guess you weren't truly listening then and that means you need to put in more effort.
I will admit there are times I can't repeat things back to my man and it could be because well my memory sucks, but it also means I wasn't truly listening and so I do ask him to repeat himself sometimes. It is a place we ALL need to work on. We need to really truly listen. When you listen it is like being given another key in a happy relationships. There is a huge difference between listening to somebody and truly hearing what they have to say. Talk about something that will tear a relationship in half in no time flat if you aren't truly listening. I want you to think about this concept and truly examine yourself when it comes to this topic...
Did you really examine yourself??? Do you really feel like you truly listen???
What was the last thing your partner said??? Can you remember??? Can you quote it back to them if they ask you to???
Nooo??? Well I guess you weren't truly listening then and that means you need to put in more effort.
I will admit there are times I can't repeat things back to my man and it could be because well my memory sucks, but it also means I might not have been truly listening and so I might ask him to repeat himself; and I feel bad asking him to because then he could get the thought...oh she wasn't paying attention...i guess she doesn't care what I have to say. It is a place we ALL need to work on.
If you don't want to admit it. Then you need to really truly listen. When you listen it is like being given another key in a happy relationship. There are ALWAYS areas we can work to improve, but truly HEARING is very important. They want to know just as much as we do if you are truly listening. So make sure to LISTEN. There could be clues such as words that stick out or a change in body language. Always keep an eye on body language and facial expression. LISTEN to learn, but not to reply... A lot of people LISTEN to reply, but are you listening to LEARN and to communicate??? Maybe she is giving you information to help her with something. Are you there??? Hello....she wants your help!! Pay attention!!! Were you paying attention? Can you help her where she needs you to be at that moment or is your brain somewhere else again?! This is what I am talking about. You gotta pay attention or else you won't learn from her, you won't be able to help her and you won't be the person she really needs you to be. So focus on her when she is talking to you. If you yell in response then all you are doing is digging a hole. Nobody likes to be yelled at. Especially when you are just trying to have a conversation. Unless there is a fire there is no need to be heard by yelling. So keep your tones nice and soft when talking to one another and truly hear them because face it yelling is not LISTENING or LOVING. What if your spouse wants to just vent. Say they are crazy stressed and upset. Are you going to be there for them? I mean this is one of those moments where you truly need to listen because this is where you can also show your support and maybe even learn something about them or their feelings that you had no idea was there. Ladies this goes for us just as well. We need to LISTEN to our man. We need to show the guys that we LISTEN to them and can be there for them as well if they need to vent or talk about his day at work. Whatever you do though do not yell (also talk down to) or talk to one another unloving at all. Once you start talking in unloving ways the relationship can crumble real fast. So HEAR, LISTEN, and LEARN with LOVE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment