Friday, September 21, 2018

Letter to parents...



    Look I get it....being a parent isn't easy and taking in one or more that aren't your own can be hard too, but parents it is VERY important that you let your child know you are there for them and that they can talk to you about anything. Once the teenage years hit it is harder for us to trust and want to put that wall back down.

    I know it wasn't easy for Rainbow or Grey Clouds. Coconut only belonged to Rainbow. Coconut never knew her real father. Wasn't like she would have had a say anyways. Rainbow never knew how  down, Grey Clouds talked to Coconut when she wasn't around. Told her she would never graduate and would be a dropout, that she wasn't wanted and that she was a burden. Little did Coconut know that one day everything she had been through would make her marriage stronger and happier. Everything she had been through in this life has made her the woman she is today. 
   
    Everyday she strives to be the best she can be. She does her best to hear how proud her man is of her for all her hard work. She isn't making money, but her keeping the house clean, dishes caught up on, cooks meals. She has a goal everyday to make her man happy with not her body, but the house. Every woman should want to be the best and do the best she can for her man.

    Not every marriage is happy. Some are broken. Some are in denial. Some are only still together because of the kids.

   Parents you do need to be friends with your children. That friendship is where we build our foundation with our kids. You don't need to be a best friend to your child, but you do need to build their trust so that they know you are there for them. You don't need to best friend though. You still need to be able to put down your foot only when it is needed. When they hit their teenage years though that is when the kids will really want their dad. To drive them to school functions and we all know you want to be there when she picks out a dress to make sure it isn't to immodest. Cause who honestly wants their little girl running off to a dance in something little? I know I don't. Parents look for those little things that might be big things to her. If you have a boy they are just as hard because you don't want them getting their heart broken. I know I am guilty of holding my children back at times. It is because I only want the best for them. You don't want them knowing how ugly the world is out there, but at the same time...they need to know that way they can prepare for it. Always be there for your child. No matter how mad at them you may be you need to let them know that you love them and are proud of them. It easy for anyone to ever open up. I wish I would have talked to my Mom more as a child and a teen. I wish I would have told her how I was feeling. I wish I would have done thing different for sure, but as parents and we can't change the past, but we can change the future. So be there for your child and let them know you are proud of them. Even if it is over something simple.

    If you are parents that are separated then try and get along for your kid's sake. Also if the kid finds their missing parent don't get mad. Let them know it's okay if that is what they need to do if they need that closure. Don't fight with one another in front of the kids. It shows the children how unstable the home is. If you are the missing parent...then just take things day by day. Get to know each other and try to build a friendship that was never there. If you don't try you'll never know what could have been and then you'll end up regretting it.






Now I have a lot of things going on right now so my blogs might slow down a little, but I am hoping not and that I can stay in the groove that things are going right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment