Marriage
Today's topic is marriage and to me marriage is a huge deal. To me it means EVERYTHING it means you are ready to be by my side forever. It means no matter what or how bad things my get (within reason) in the relationship that you will be there by my side. Marriage is sacred.
In civil weddings it states " I take you to be my beloved wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for BETTER or WORSE, for RICHER, for POORER, in SICKNESS and in HEALTH, to LOVE and to CHERISH, TILL DEATH "
I hope you caught those promises. You are promising FOREVER with this person. You are promising that no matter what you will try and work your marriage out. Love isn't about money or material things.It's about SUPPORT, LOVE, TRUST, HONESTY, LOYALTY, and always wanting to learn more about them and caring for them. Marriage isn't a game. It is a time to grow together and learn together. Marriage is where you found that one special someone that you can annoy and drive crazy and laugh together about it. I know Sir likes to drive me crazy. In a marriage you need to be able to laugh at your partner, but with love and maybe a little sass. It's okay to have fun in your marriage. It's okay to still go on dates. Oh my goodness please make sure you get date time in. You need the time together to keep your relationship healthy.
In my marriage with Dum-Dum we never went out. When we went out it was to a bar and he always disappeared. So it wasn't really any fun. The dancing was fun. I'll admit that. Even though he was always dancing with someone else. There were two bartenders I became friends with and the gal was a hoot to hangout with. One day the guy bartender asked me if I was a swinger....yup my mind went blank and just said no. Honestly at that time in life I had no idea what a "swinger" was. I knew Dum-Dum had been seen at a couple events with someone, but never with me. I even got asked why I hadn't gone. Well at that time I didn't know. He never asked.
With Sir though everything in our marriage is different. It is like a total 180. I swear it is like heaven. There's hardly any fighting. We fight maybe once a year as I have mentioned before, but we TALK things out. Sir and I have great COMMUNICATION. If we go somewhere we let the other know where we are going. If he says I can't go then I don't go, but not because he told me I couldn't go it is because he is PROTECTING me. I trust him, and since I respect him and love him I don't go. If I ask him not to go somewhere he respects me and doesn't go. When I am not feeling well Sir does everything he can to make me feel better. Our love life is different too. It is way more healthy than my last marriage. You gotta have LOVE and RESPECT in a healthy marriage. You gotta have a FRIENDSHIP and TRUST.
When you are in a healthy marriage you should ALWAYS be able to TALK things issues out. Or maybe you have concerns. You should be able to talk to each other about anything though. When you have great news the person you marry should be the first one you want to call or see to tell the good news to. Marriage is sacred and full of commitments.
So make sure you can give the person you are about to marry everything they deserve and so much more. Always strive to be the best spouse you can be.
The wedding day is a day not only you will remember for the rest of your life, but also your partners special day so make sure you have fun with all your family and friends and have a happy marriage and make sure you and your spouse have an amazing marriage.
In civil weddings it states " I take you to be my beloved wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for BETTER or WORSE, for RICHER, for POORER, in SICKNESS and in HEALTH, to LOVE and to CHERISH, TILL DEATH "
I hope you caught those promises. You are promising FOREVER with this person. You are promising that no matter what you will try and work your marriage out. Love isn't about money or material things.It's about SUPPORT, LOVE, TRUST, HONESTY, LOYALTY, and always wanting to learn more about them and caring for them. Marriage isn't a game. It is a time to grow together and learn together. Marriage is where you found that one special someone that you can annoy and drive crazy and laugh together about it. I know Sir likes to drive me crazy. In a marriage you need to be able to laugh at your partner, but with love and maybe a little sass. It's okay to have fun in your marriage. It's okay to still go on dates. Oh my goodness please make sure you get date time in. You need the time together to keep your relationship healthy.
In my marriage with Dum-Dum we never went out. When we went out it was to a bar and he always disappeared. So it wasn't really any fun. The dancing was fun. I'll admit that. Even though he was always dancing with someone else. There were two bartenders I became friends with and the gal was a hoot to hangout with. One day the guy bartender asked me if I was a swinger....yup my mind went blank and just said no. Honestly at that time in life I had no idea what a "swinger" was. I knew Dum-Dum had been seen at a couple events with someone, but never with me. I even got asked why I hadn't gone. Well at that time I didn't know. He never asked.
With Sir though everything in our marriage is different. It is like a total 180. I swear it is like heaven. There's hardly any fighting. We fight maybe once a year as I have mentioned before, but we TALK things out. Sir and I have great COMMUNICATION. If we go somewhere we let the other know where we are going. If he says I can't go then I don't go, but not because he told me I couldn't go it is because he is PROTECTING me. I trust him, and since I respect him and love him I don't go. If I ask him not to go somewhere he respects me and doesn't go. When I am not feeling well Sir does everything he can to make me feel better. Our love life is different too. It is way more healthy than my last marriage. You gotta have LOVE and RESPECT in a healthy marriage. You gotta have a FRIENDSHIP and TRUST.
When you are in a healthy marriage you should ALWAYS be able to TALK things issues out. Or maybe you have concerns. You should be able to talk to each other about anything though. When you have great news the person you marry should be the first one you want to call or see to tell the good news to. Marriage is sacred and full of commitments.
So make sure you can give the person you are about to marry everything they deserve and so much more. Always strive to be the best spouse you can be.
The wedding day is a day not only you will remember for the rest of your life, but also your partners special day so make sure you have fun with all your family and friends and have a happy marriage and make sure you and your spouse have an amazing marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment