Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Love Language in a Relationship



    Here's a topic that might get some of you thinking. Like what the heck is a love language?!?!

   Maybe you heard of  Gary Chapman and his 5 Love Languages. Reading this book has changed my life. It changed the way I look at people. Like I actually look for their love language so I can connect with them and understand them. Everyone has a different love language. I also recommend reading the book called "Love & Respect" (we will get to that one too)

    Physical Touch: Now I am not talking about just in the bedroom touching. Although it is great if your partner is amazing in bed and the relationship is great, but I am talking about the little things. Like hand holding, arm holding, pats on the back, a soft touch to their face. You have to nurture who you are with. 

    Words of Affirmation: Build your partner up!!! Hearing "I love you" is very important. Say hey I appreciate you, I thank you, You're amazing!!! Anything nice that you tell your partner believe it or no, but it builds them up. You gotta build.

    Quality Time: Give your partner your undivided attention when they are talking to you. It won't kill you to turn your cell off or set it down, but NEVER put someone else above your partner. Spend time with your partner. Go for walks, hikes, read together...or maybe you don't need all that  and just spending time with them in the same room is all that matters so you can see them and cat call them all you want. Lol. Sir cat calls me all the time. He knows it makes me blush. Only if he does it though. Anyone else would just get ignored. Lol. 

    Receiving gifts: Gifts are great!!! I mean who doesn't love getting a gift from someone. I get sent gifts and I appreciate whoever sent it. Not because they spent money on me, but because they thought of me. Gifts can be as simple as something homemade. Or extra cuddles. I like cuddles, but I can't cuddle with everyone. That would be weird. It already sounds weird lol. If your partner wants huge amount of money spent on them then you got yourself a gold digger. Congrats!!! Those will run your wallet thin. It is people's love language though. Some So you gotta watch them and really learn about your partner. A gift can mean a lot if thought is put into it. You should always feel prized. Gifts are the visual way to show your love. So truly treasure your gifts from you loved ones.

Acts of Service is the last one. 

    Acts of Service: If your partner stays at home and isn't feeling well help out around the house and do things you wouldn't normally do. Say "hey let me get that for you" and help them. If they ask for help. Just help. You may not want to, but in the end it means a lot to your partner. Laziness, broken promises anything like that can ruin a relationship soooo...be smart and keep your word and all your promises and commitments. 

Knowing your partner's love language is very important. If you can't connect with them your relationship will fail. I'm sorry, but it is a fact. If your foundation in your relationship isn't built right it will crumble and end up in a divorce. So learn your partner. Inside and out because in the end it really matters. 

    Well that is all I got for now. Chat with ya all tomorrow. Please remember to share the blog with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment